It is always exciting to get some accolades for my writing, and 2011 was a very good year for me in that sense as I received a Canadian Christian Writing Award for my blog AND my book Heal the Wounded was awarded a Bronze Medal in the 2011 Readers Favorite Book Awards.
That said, I read some VERY good books this year and it is hard to narrow down the list to just ten favorites. Now I know I’m not the New York Times Best Sellers List or anything, but here are my ten favorites for 2011. I invite my readers to add to this list by telling me some of their favourites in 2011 too. Just leave a comment below.
1. “Following God One Yes At a Time - Overcoming the 6 Barriers That Hold You Back ” by Connie Cavanaugh
2. “Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back” by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent
3. “Unshakeable Faith – 8 Traits for Rock-Solid Living” by Kathy Howard
4. “Forbidden” (The Book of Mortals) by Ted Dekker & Tosca Lee
5. ”Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand” by Michael Catt (Note: The other “Courageous” books are worthy of mention: “Courageous” A Novel – Randy Alcorn; “The Resolution for Men” – Stephen Kendrick et. al.; “The Resolution for Women” – Priscilla Shirer et. al.; “Courageous Living Bible Study Leader Kit” – Michael Catt et. al.)
6. “The Promise of Deer Run” by Elaine Marie Cooper
7. “The Search“(Lancaster County Secrets) by Suzanne Woods Fisher
8. “Stess- Free Believers: Turn Worry into Faith, Turmoil into Peace” by Harold Metzel
9. “People of the Book” (Extreme Devotion) by Kathi Macias
10. “When Worlds Collide: Stepping Up and Standing Out in an Anti-God Culture” by Michael & Daniel Blackaby
And I am going to add another book this year to the list. It’s not really a “book” per se but a compilation of first chapters from the John 3:16 Network of authors.
“Taste and See, A Sampling of First Chapters by John 3:16 Marketing Network Authors” – Lorilyn Roberts (editor)
Happy New Year! Happy Reading!…and to all my author friends…Happy Writing!!