If you loved “Resurrection Eggs” try something new this year!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 large marshmallows
- Melted butter
- Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.
- Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.
- Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.
- Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow.
- Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will “ooze” out of the seams)
- Bake according to package directions.
- Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!!
- Celebrate God’s love!
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:16-17)
This is really beautiful and I will do this for my children. Every follower of Christ is required to undergo Christian baptism. My oldest kid was just baptized, signifying his formal acceptance and calling into the path that Jesus has outlined for all of us.