Everyone knows that I am a huge Duck Dynasty fan. I’m also a huge advocate of Samaritan’s Purse and in particular the Operation Christmas Child shoebox campaign they do every year. Bringing JOY to a child at Christmas!
Fill your shoebox with a well-balanced variety of items from the following categories:
- School Supplies – Items such as pencils, pens, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
- Toys & Other Gifts – Items such as stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, socks, and candy (loose, individually wrapped hard candy in a sealable bag)
- Hygiene Items – Please place soap in a sealable bag
- Personal Note – Include a personal note and/or a photo in your shoebox (not inside the donation envelope)
Do not include:
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Food and any chewy, crumbly, or soft candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break – Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoe box).
- Items that can scare or harm a child – War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
Watch this short video and see how Uncle Si packs a shoebox and then, hey…”PACK A SHOEBOX, JACK!” 🙂