Blue fairies of the garden,
I watched their dance
As they pirouetted around the lavender.
The gossamer wings delicately folded one moment
Perfectly still, catching their breath,
Only to spin and twirl in harmony with the breeze.
Was it rehearsed? I wondered.
A courtship of sorts,
With the dancers hearing a melody I was not attuned to.
It seemed joyful, and sensual, and frantic.
A pas de deux that was uniquely choreographed
But captivatingly improvised as well.
I was lost in their revelry,
Transfixed by their gambol
For a few glorious moments in time.
Their ballet left me mesmerized.
I wanted to cheer, “Encore!”
When they suddenly fled the stage.
Instead, kneeling on the brick, with my spade in hand,
I whispered a thoughtful, “Bravo!”
As I returned to my weeding.
Join 39,935 other followers
To order the Wounded Trilogy Books or if you enjoy reading Journey Thoughts please consider making a donation.
- 15,106,388 hits
My Top 10 Posts
- 25 Encouraging Bible Verses to Give You Peace
- 25 Encouraging Scripture Verses for Those Who Are Grieving
- 25 Encouraging Bible Verses for Writers
- 25 Encouraging Scripture Verses for those Facing Struggle
- 25 Encouraging Bible Verses for Stress
- 25 Encouraging Scriptures for Rest and Relaxation
- Christian Haikus
- 25 Encouraging Scripture Verses for the New Year
- Animal Friday Funnies
- THE CARD
Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Member
I Blog for
Canadian Christian Writing Award – Blog Series
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Gideon Francis on 25 Encouraging Scripture Verse… Tommy Sanford on Prayer Hotline – Prayers… Elijah Moise on 25 Encouraging Bible Verses to… Michaela on Spring has Sprung! Ebony Pollard on Mother’s Day Memories
Shoot the Wounded
Heal the Wounded
Love the Wounded