Lucy Maude Montgomery in her classic, Anne of Green Gables book said, ““Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” It has become one of my most favourite quotes but also one I remember every New Year’s Eve. The New Year begins with great fanfare and excitement; a New Year full of promise and expectation AND a New Year with no mistakes in it…yet.
Start the New Year off right by meditating on God’s Word:
1. “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven” – Ecclesiastes 3:1
2. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19
3. “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Psalm 90:12
4. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
5. “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
6. “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14
7. “You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.” Psalm 65:11
8. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
9. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
10. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3
11. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
12. “…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
13. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3: 22-24
14. “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
15. “One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:28-31
16. “A blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you.” Deuteronomy 23:5
17. “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.” Ezekiel 36:26-28
18. “Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.” Psalm 96: 1-3
19. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.” James 1:17-18
20. “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,…” 1 Chronicles 16:11-12
21. “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:25-26
22. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
23. “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
24. “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” Psalm 20:4
25. “Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5
All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™
Pingback: My New Year’s Prayer | Lynn Dove's Journey Thoughts
Pingback: Looking Back to Move Ahead | Lynn Dove's Journey Thoughts
Pingback: 2019 – Ensuring an Excellent Start | Health Hopelight
Pingback: New Year’s Prayer | Lynn Dove's Journey Thoughts
Pingback: 2018 – Fewer Fumbles and the Ultimate Touchdown | Health Hopelight
so many favouyrites here! Thanks Lynn and God bless
Pingback: Happy New Year, and Welcome to 2017! | Lynn Dove's Journey Thoughts
Thank you so much for the word. We are blessed and highly favoured to be receiving these inspirational words for a new beginning.
Very lovely Bible-oriented way to start off 2017.I am much elightened and will you these verses to teach tomorrow in my Church.
Pingback: 2017 – Ensuring and Excellent Start | Health Hopelight
Thank you for sharing this bible verses, its help me as a church Pastor to prepared a year ended sermon and a new year sermon, thank you very much..!
Gotta love any post that starts out with an Anne quote! 😉
Thanks for your in-depth insight to the knowledge of the word of God shared. This is really a blessing to me and indeed the household of believers. Remain blessed
Pingback: 2016! Fewer Fumbles and the Ultimate Touchdown | Health Hopelight
To God is the Glory! Thanks for sharing his Holy Word!
Blessing scriptures, thank you.
good Bible verses i really blessed and i used in my massage pray for us thank you God bless you. from India pastor Joshua
Encouraging Bible verses! Thanks for sharing
Am really blessed. Steve
Its really a blessings. Thanks a lot. God bless you. Regards.
Thanks very much for d word you shared with d world. Remain bless.
December 31 , 2015 at 8:30 AM Thank You so much for publishing because it’s given an nice understanding word of God .God bless aboudantly all of you.
DECEMBER 30,2015 THANK YOU FOR THE SCRIPTURES, THEY WILL HELP ME ALL THROUGH THE YEAR. IT IS A BLESSING TO HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE FOR A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
Wow! you ve made my year end on a high note and looking forward to next year with great expectations…. Thanks for being a blessing to me.
This is inspiring.
WEL SERCHED BIBLE VERSES ,MAY YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ,IN JESUS NAME …AMEN
Am Happy To Be Part Of The Solution. And I Absolutely Love This Site And Feel Very Bless To Be Part Of It. Thanks.
This selection of scripture is a real blessing.
A real blessing, Lynn.
Pingback: 2015! Fewer Fumbles – the Ultimate Touchdown | Health Hopelight
Very Encouraging. I’ve learnt to live according to the encouraging word of God!
Excellent choices, Lynn. Other members of our Facebook group will welcome this too, so I highlighted your post on the Christian Poets & Writers blog – http://christianpoetsandwriters.blogspot.com. God bless.
These scriptures bless my life. Thank you very much I will use one for my new years message.
Pingback: All I want for the 2015… | Memoirs of a Growing Woman
I am blessed with your talent displayed. I thank God for your life. May the strengthen and grant you more anointing and favour. I love like the way Christ love the church.
Am blessed , thankyou for encouraging word.
Wonderful scripture! Thank you gor sharing it 🙂
Pingback: a new year bible scripture | Kuplux's
Pingback: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year | Karla M Curry | GwendyLicious
tks so much for those verses they were so inspireing
I am blessed with this BIBLE Verses.May the Almighty lord bless u more.
Pingback: a new year bible verses | Kuplux's
Thanks for sharing these beautiful verses…!!! I work for a Christian Magazine and found these so encouraging that i planned to publish some of them next month to encourage all the readers !!!
Thank-you! I would appreciate a link back to my blog, Journey Thoughts if you do.
Thank you for the Gift of God you sharing with us. Stay Blessed.
Thank you for sharing the above pieces of scripture.
Few More Promises: Isaiah 45:2:I will go before thee, and make the crooked paths straight.
I was looking for scripture for the new 2014 year to encourage me. Thank you. All the versus have me looking forward to 2014 with God leading every step of it. God bless you and yours in this new year too.
Thank you very much. May God bless you with all the desires of your heart !!! Happy New Year 2014 and Richly Blessed !!!
Thanks for sharing these verses! The Lord bless you!
Reblogged this on lifefromthestart and commented:
A great place to start the year from x
Giving thanks ,beautiful to share!
Thanks for the encouraging verses!!! GOD BLESS
thank you for the bible verses i will use them 2014 to c the faithfulness of our lord .blessed 2014 ur family
I so much love this, may Almighty God bless you, this is well packed for me. Happy new year
Thanks a lot for these verses, it will help me a lot as I am preparing for my testimony tomorrow night. Happy New Years and Gob bless..!!
You are so blessed.
Thank you for your sharing and caring. May God deeply bless you and your family in this upcoming year of 2014.
Thank you for such encouraging verses that we can use for the year 2014 Jan
Thanks sir,the lord is your strenght.
thank you for sharing your words and talent given by God may God bless you and Happy new years to you and your family.
I love the bible verses. I will use them to teach in the church where I fellowship.
Thank you very much.